National Blueberry month is in full swing. We here at Earthy Naturals loves us some blueberries. Whether in a smoothie, as a stand-alone snack, in a salad or dessert it is most definitely one of our favorite fruits.
Did you know that the consumption of blueberries can improve your overall health? If not, this blog post will provide you with some reasons you should start eating those beautiful blue/purple hue of fruit today.
Eating blueberries has been something that many have done for centuries. Blueberries are antioxidant-filled with vitamins such as vitamin C and minerals like calcium, iron, manganese, magnesium, and more. Low in calories, with an offering of fiber and high water content, the body will thrive from this delicious fruit.
6 Reasons to Consume Blueberries
1. Consuming blueberries for a certain length of time has been proven to have significant health benefits. These benefits are inclusive of lowering the risk of cancer, increasing insulin response, lowering blood pressure to name a few.
2. Consumption of blueberries is known to improve memory and reverse age-related memory concerns dramatically.
a. Commit to adding this fruit keep your cognitive health in tip top shape.
3. Consumption of blueberries may improve mental health.
a. It is the feel good fruit that boost one's energy.
4. Consumption of blueberries may help you lose weight.
a. The calories are low, and the fiber is descent; therefore, no pounds will be packing on here.
5. Eating blueberries after a workout can be beneficial in helping to alleviate DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) that usually take place 24 to 72 hours after an intense workout. Sometimes DOMS occurs in people who have not worked out in a while. DOMS can also occur in those who are new to working out. Those who have reintroduced exercise to their health and wellness regime.
6. Consuming blueberries will make your hair and nails grow rather quickly.
Blueberries are a fruit that can be purchased both fresh or frozen and still obtain the same nutrients. Fresh blueberries need to be eaten sooner rather than later; they can be placed in the freezer to have at another time. Just makes sure that no added sugar appears in any of your batches, i.e., processed berries.
In conclusion, adding blueberries to your daily or weekly health and wellness regime will have you feeling vibrant and ready to take on the world. The benefits of blueberries are endless, and the results are noticeable within a month, if not sooner in most cases.